Best Outdoor Security Cameras to Protect Your Home Perimeter
One of the things you look at when buying a house is the crime rate of the area you'll live in. That's because you value your safety and others around you as well. You want to be able to live peacefully without the thoughts of intruders barging into your house. Unfortunately, even if your area's crime rates are low, there is still a possibility of danger. You can take certain precautions to help keep you safe, like high-security lock installation or security cameras. GreenPro Locksmith is here to help you decide which type of security camera will be suitable and affordable for your household.
What To Consider
There are so many different models and versions of cameras that you might not even know where to start looking. Here are some criteria to follow when deciding on your new outdoor security camera.
- Budget"”Decide how many cameras you will be needing. One to two cameras can range from $40-$250, two to three can range from $290-$700, and four to eight can range from $400-$1250. The prices will vary based on the brand and number of cameras.
- Camera Type"”There are three types of cameras to choose from, wire-free, wireless and wired. Wire-free cameras are easy to install with rechargeable batteries, wireless cameras need a power source close by and a Wi-Fi source, and wired cameras are hard-wired to both a power source and an ethernet port.
- Camera Resolution"”This refers to the pixel image the camera produces. The more the pixels, the sharper the image.
- Video Storage"”The number of days the camera stores the video footage changes based on the type of camera. Find the one that suits you.
Some other things to consider include focus range, weather resistance, night vision, and remote access.
Best Security Cameras for You
- Netgear Arlo Pro 2 - This is the best outdoor security camera out there. With a 130-degree viewing angle and a video resolution of 1080p HD video quality, there will be little that this camera cannot capture. It is built in a sturdy fashion to withstand harsh temperatures and has outstanding video storage. Along with these features, there are many more that come with this camera. Call a competent locksmith today to install the Netgear Arlo Pro 2 for you.
- Nest Cam Outdoor - With a 1080p HD video resolution and the portability to be introduced at pretty much any area on the outside of your home, the Nest Cam Outdoor is additionally one of the head answers for outside observation. The exterior of the actual camera has been improved so it can endure cruel environmental changes. It offers night vision so you can see everything at any time of the day. The Nest Cam Outdoor has to be plugged in in order to function. The camera does not continuously record, but the recording is set by movements and sounds the camera detects.
- Logitech Circle 2 - The Logitech Circle 2 features 1080p HD resolution as well, however unlike the Arlo Pro 2, it has to be plugged into a power source. This very much limits the versatility of the camera. However, there is a wireless camera that you can purchase for a greater cost. The Logitech Circle 2 detects motion but not audio. Although it may not be as good as the cameras above, it still has very defining features that will be helpful for outdoor surveillance, making it very cost-effective.
With GreenPro Locksmith, you can get a locksmith to install the camera you need for your home. We wish to make sure you're safe, so we offer all types of services, including high-security lock installation.